Monday, April 19, 2010

Nutrition for the Spirit

Today I was reading "Passion and Purity" written by Elisabeth Elliot.  It is an amazing book.  I highly recommend it!
This really caught me, so I thought I'd share it with you all.

"Trust me, I have not earned your dear rebuke,-
    I love, as you would have me, God the most:
    Would lose not Him, but you, must one be lost,
Nor with Lot's wife cast back a faithless look,
Unready to forgo what I forsook:
    This say, having counted up the cost,
    This, though I be the feeblest of God's host,
The sorriest sheep Christ shepherds with His crook.
Yet while I love my God the most, I deem
    That I can never love you over-much:
    I love him more, so let me love you too:
    Yea, as I apprehend it, love is such
I cannot love you if I loved not Him,
    I cannot love Him, if I love not you."

It is written by a woman by the name of Christina Rossetti.

Isn't it so beautiful?!?!?!  Now I just want to live it fully!  It would be nice to say that I do have this kind of love for God, but I'm not sure.  I am seeking to know God better, because without knowing someone fully, how can you love them fully?! It is so amazing that God loves us with unconditional love!  An undying love!  How awesome is our Lord, and Creator!  The least we can do is to love Him with everything inside us, but even that is nothing compared to His love for us.

Psalm 57 "...In the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast...God that performeth all things for me...My heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise."

No comments:

Post a Comment