Sunday, June 3, 2012

Who Is Your God?


Who is your God? 

 I could also ask, "What is your god?", but that has an entirely different meaning. I'm asking, WHO is your God. Is He someone you pray to before most meals, think about at church on Sunday and cry to in times of trouble? Or is he the all-powerful, awesome God that surpasses everything in this world? One who's name sends a shiver of excitement through you, and nothing can contain the awe you have when you speak of Him?

 This is not a little question. The God I know is not to be compared with anything, or anyone. It makes me almost sick when I realize how we completely act like God is just another "interest" on Facebook and His name one we put a heart around and wear on a t-shirt. Do you really love Him, and are you truly living for the sole purpose of glorifying Him?

 His majesty is so far above us, and what our simple minds could ever comprehend. We try to understand Him and His ways, but continue to fail. We should be striving daily to seek His face and desire nothing but His will for our lives, knowing it is best. Worry should not be a part of our life. Ever. Instead, we should have faith and trust in place of worry and fright, bringing peace and rest to our lives, as we bask in His light and revel in His eternal glory. He has given us a hope; one that cannot be broken.

We read A passage in Ezekiel 36 today in church, and it is absolutely incredible what the Lord has done!  Here is a portion that portrays the power of God,  "For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.  And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God." Ezekiel 36:24-28

 Do you see a theme there? Did you notice that "I will" or a form of it was used ten times?! This is only a section of the chapter! He continues to say what He will do. Do you see the power that is shown? Or do you fail to see? Not only has he made e entire universe, and is the center of all life, but He given us "a heart to know, (Jeremiah. 24:7 "And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.") and a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 11:19 "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:").

He also promises in Psalm 37:4 that if we delight ourselves in Him, He will give us the desires of our heart.  Something that I've found is when I seek Him more, I desire Him more.  I also receive peace and joy when I am living for Him and stop longing for what this earth offers.

Just some things I've been thinking on. :)

I praise my God Almighty, for He is greater than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment