Monday, September 13, 2010

Unfailing Homemade 100% Wheat Bread

Recipe for Whole Wheat Bread.  It is simple and very yummy!  This is the best recipe I have had that is 100% wheat.  I find that the recipes for wheat bread have at least 1 cup white flour.  This one does not.
It yields 3 loaves, but while my first batch is rising, I start on my second.  It is a very quick recipe, I think.  The easiest and it makes the least mess of any other recipe I have tried!  I find that recipes where you weigh the wheat it turns out better than measuring it.

Wheat Bread Recipe

300 ml warm water
3 Tbsp. yeast
1 Tbsp. honey (you can add more if you have made it and want it sweeter)

1500 g whole wheat flour (we use fresh ground Hard White Wheat)
700 ml warm water
4-5 tsp. salt
1/4 cup oil (I use coconut oil)

Dissolve yeast and honey in 300 ml warm water and stir well.  Let yeast activate for 5-10 minutes.  Mix with rest of the ingredients and knead by hand or with electric mixer for 10 minutes.  Put in 3 buttered/greased (We use coconut oil for this, too) bread pans, spray with water and let bread rise (covered) for 10-15 minutes.

Bake bread at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment